CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

What is life really about?

I went to a women's bible study last nite. I went in blind and with out any expectations. Sarah asked a few ice breaker questions and then led us in some scriptures. She asked one question that really meant a lot and got me wondering; what life was about. The question was; why are you here and what do you want to get out of this? Katy started us out with an explanation about a sense of community and deeper friendships. I added that there have been several bible studies (all of us could relate) that you enjoy each others company but it doesn't get much deeper in the connection. We both thought that was really sad. Then we got to reflecting back about Laura Ingles Wilder and little house on the prairy. All of the women hung out together and did dishes, laundry and cooked. THey worked really hard and enjoyed each other. It was silly but true. We all have things that need to be done and bc we do those at our own houses we miss the community that working together brings. I don't think this study is going to bring about village living, but if we get creative about bringing some community to our homes I think we would all be blessed. Using our work to serve each other in a Godly fashion. I have been temped a few times to have closet cleaning parties or gift wraping parties at Christmas. I don't think this is the only way to have community but deeper relationships is the goal:)

2 comments:

Julie said...

I think that is great. I think ust getting together and sharing life is important.

Hyser Family said...

This is great Jen. You will see God use the community to draw you closer to Him. So neat.